Thursday, January 12, 2012

What would Kelly Bundy do?

As I wait for my surgery date (1/27) and other appointments, I research. What do I research? Well, naturally, I find myself googling celebrities that have had breast cancer. I figure that here is a group of people with unlimited resources and a big set of eyes on them. What did they do and how did it work out for them?
I have compiled a list for other curious minds…
Cynthia Nixon (known to me as Miranda). Miranda, the lawyer and my alter Sex and the City ego, was diagnosed at 40 and had a lumpectomy and radiation. Winning.
Sheryl Crow (because every day is a winding road) was diagnosed at 44. Winning. Just ordered her cookbook from Amazon on foods and spices rich in cancer-fighting nutrients. You know I will share…as much as copyright laws allow.
Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie that was married to a Soprano) was diagnosed at 40. She never told anyone because she didn’t want a pity party. No kidding…she is Carmela Soprano. Winning.
Elizabeth Edwards (wife of butthead) had an unhappy ending. She was a Carolina girl, like me. She is an inspiration for her winning spirit.
Christina Applegate (Kelly Bundy and my favorite celebrity story) was diagnosed at 36. She chose a mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. I like her the most because she is currently on a cute new show called “Up All Night.” I think it is funny but mostly, I just study her boobs which look fabulous.
Melissa Etheridge (Come to my window…) was diagnosed at 43 is winning and describes her cancer experience as a spiritual awakening. Sing it, sister.
Julia Child, who survived breast cancer, later died of natural causes and not from eating too much butter.
And the list goes on…Betty Ford, Erma Bombeck, Bette Davis, Juliette Gordon Low, Linda McCartney…some made it and some didn’t, but they all have stories to tell. We all have stories to tell. Winning. See. My People magazine subscription is totally worth it.
By the way, my slides have been located.

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if somehow you could make that People subscription tax-deductible? You know, as a medical expense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad they were located...but I was getting ready for that "Rent a Bitch" thing! I was practicing hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Your story is equally inspiring, thank you for allowing me to be a part of the journey with you. You are....winning.

    And I agree, Christina Applegates' boobs look fabulous. They did an awesome job! haha. And, I love that Miranda is your alter-ego....I think mine was always Samantha. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Christina. Love Up All Night. Love your attitude!

    ReplyDelete