Thursday, April 5, 2012

Friends Forever

The following was written by my true treasure of a friend, a friend that has seen her own troubles and came out the other side. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing it. It made me cry...and then it made me smile.

How Did You Do It?
The question most often asked when someone learns of my past.
This is all I know to tell you my friend- you can.
I didn’t do it for the team,
I didn’t do it for the boys.
I didn’t do it for his memory,
I didn’t do it with His help.
I didn’t do it for myself.
I slowly extended my big toe- it wiggled.
I flexed my foot back and forth.
I rotated my ankle…
Then I put my foot down.
The other one followed, they’re attached you see.
After many of such exercises, I made it to the end of the street…then the month…then the year.
I don’t know why it worked- but I was in motion
Still am.
So are you.
I’ll see you at the end of the street.

Written by CM

No comments:

Post a Comment