Friday, June 8, 2012

The Watcher

Caleb wrote this for school. He is my son and 10 years old.

THE WATCHER

Hi, I'm the watcher; I watch all that moves and stays.

The most interesting thing I've seen was the battle of disease, it's always the disease verses hope. If anything the most dreadful battle is cancer verses hope. I remember when I first saw them both. I saw cancer first; he was like an invisible man wearing a cowl and tunic. The tunic was all black with smoke trailing around it; the black smoke was the souls he killed. His cowl reached down to a cape that was completely black except for the symbols in the middle, it was a purple ribbon with a circle around it and a cross slashing through it. When I saw him he was choking on an innocent civilian, he was begging for mercy but no one helped.

Then hope came, light came out of the clouds and it came down as a big circle of light and it absorbed cancer. Ever since then hope won most of the time. And I hope that he will absorb all of cancer and there will be no more.

I am the watcher, I watch all, and I have hope.


3 comments:

  1. Wow Anna, deep thoughts and a great writer. Takes after his mom. Your are always in our thoughts and prayers; hang in there girl...you CAN beat this. ((((Hugs and strength))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful way to visualize hope.

    ReplyDelete